My year’s #BestNine doesn’t even begin to cover the year that 2017. While most would call 2017 a “dumpster fire” (I get it, I really do), looking back at my personal and professional accomplishments it’s been quite. the. year.
In fact, it wasn’t until I posted the following image on IG and really began to think about the year as a whole went, that 2017 had numerous moments to celebrate.
- My brother got married in March and welcomed in a new sister to the family.
- I went to a lot of shows: OneRepublic, Imagine Dragons, Lone Bellow, Needtobreathe, Celine Dion, and Eric Church.
- I saw some podcast live shows: Beautiful Stories from Anonymous People, My Favorite Murder and the Lore show (which I went solo too!).
- Ran the Dallas Rock ‘N Roll Half Marathon, my second 13.1.
- Successfully grew a veggie garden and posted WAY too much about it on my social media accounts.
- Traveled to Las Vegas, Indianapolis, Providence, RI, Orlando, Seattle, Leesburg, VA, San Antonio, Scotland, London and many places in Texas.
- Was nominated internally for our company’s annual awards.
- Participated in the “Walk the World Connections” program in work and got to visit our London office (and have tea with the CEO in the House of Lords). My sister came out and we went through Scotland afterwards!
- Served as the Vice-Chair of the IAEE DFW local chapter and will serve as the Chair in 2018.
- Received the IAEE Merit Award at the annual meeting and expo in November for my contributions to the local chapter level.
- Got a promotion.